Professional services enterprises are leveraging the top-of-the-line automation suites, to drive greater efficiency, productivity, and collaboration. Engineering, law, healthcare, design, and consulting firms are understanding the core benefits offered by automation professional services software solutions, as they are a critical part of an overall digital transformation journey.
To unlock the underlying advantages that a PSA software can provide, it is important to review the most important aspects of the automation platform. Let us analyse the 7 most important things businesses should focus on when using an online PSA software.
1. Project planning tools – Implementing the right planning tools for projects is key to maximizing execution efficiencies. Projects that are planned through professional services automation software, are better aligned with organizational goals and delivery expectations. They also help professionals create robust business cases for greater ROI-positive impact.
2. Task management – Project managers leveraging a PSA software can accurately map their resource pool within the solution. They can select the right resources for the outlined requirements and target specific domain-focused team members to help across distinct project stages. Task management also ensures tracking the availability and utilization of employees across lifecycles.
3. Financial management – Project financial control is one of the most important aspects of running a professional services business. In the global construction sphere, 9 out of 10 projects experience cost overruns, with only 31% of projects being delivered within 10% of budgeted estimates. Having the right control measures in place early is key to execution, as well as essential to maintaining profitability.
4. Stage-gate monitoring – Project monitoring is vital to delivery as well, which is why PSA software solutions need to have the right stage-gate tools in place to help facilitate quality execution. Through PSA monitoring and updating tools, there is greater transparency introduced into all projects. Project leads should set-up project flagging early on as well, to notify stakeholders effectively.
5. Timesheet filling – A key feature that all PSA software solutions have is timesheet management, which allows managers to bill clients in a highly systematic manner. All resources can enter their billable hours seamlessly, allowing project leads to have greater visibility and oversight via built-in tracking. Automating timesheet filling is also critical for many professional businesses that need greater agility in execution management.
6. Compliance management – It is important for all professional services businesses to establish clear project governance outlines and rules for each stage. From data access to due diligence, key service-based processes must be mapped digitally through a PSA solution. Increased compliance in projects, will lead to better execution and team alignment for project success. Risk identification and management is also significantly streamlined.
7. Integration with other services – It is important for professional services businesses to begin integrating PSA software solutions with ERP, CRM, and database solutions. SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, Tally, and a range of platforms can be connected for data insights, monitoring, access, and security. Businesses can perform multi-platform data analytics initiatives when leveraging a comprehensive PSA solution.
Automation professional services software can significantly impact business workflow efficiency for professionals, which is why it is important to focus on the right features early on. From billing management to planning tools, there are several features that PSA software solutions offer that are impactful when implemented correctly. Learn more about Touchbase for Professional Services, a complete PSA offering for all businesses, by connecting with us at +91-76209 00522 / 76209 00525 / 98902 91424.