In today’s project economy, it is rare to find project professionals and organizations not using a ‘project management software’ to manage projects.
It is strangely unfortunate that decision-makers do not ask a fundamental question – “what should a project management software do?” When prodded, the answers invariably are tangential and indicate some of the following dimensions.
- Features and functionalities
- User Interface & User Experience
- Cost, and…
There are project management software providers that explain ‘how’ to buy a ‘good project management software’ and some are very good!
It is not that the above pointers are not needed.
We need to reflect on the ‘purpose’ behind the adoption of a PM software. Some of them could be:
- Better project scheduling
- Improved visibility into resources
- Workflow-based cost control
- Digitized project processes
- Data-driven decision-making, and…
There is a fundamental difference in the two views described above and it is clear which makes business sense.
If we elevate this question to the highest level, a project management software must build a foundation of norms, values, and behaviours, supported by systems, methodologies, and business processes.
TouchBase PPM by ProductDossier is designed to build a project management culture for your enterprise.
Started in 2006, ProductDossier is a leading project portfolio management solutions company. Its flagship product, TouchBase, is:
- Out-of-the-box, yet configurable to industry and company-specific needs
- A comprehensive solution that addresses scheduling, resources, costs, engineering, proposals, business cases, new product development, procurement, risks, issues, meetings, quality, documentation, dossiers (Pharma), and social collaboration.
- Integrates with SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, AutoCAD, QuickBooks, Tally, Microsoft Office, and Others.
- Modular and scalable.
- Hosted On-Premises and On-Cloud
- Deployed by 50+ clients across 20+ countries.
TouchBase is designed to build a project management culture for your enterprise.