For any business that is looking to automate and streamline its business processes, employee time tracking software is one of the best places to start. Employee timesheet management software enables resource optimization, allocation, mobilizing them on need, measuring value derived and delivered for your project.
Employee timesheet management software is one of the important elements in Project Management Software. It helps managing time being spent on project by team members. It is helpful in recording daily activities of project team members. Though there is some amount of grumbling project teams normally do, if the amount of information they should record daily is granular. Project teams generally agree if the activities that they have to record daily are at a higher level and easily record-able as task descriptions.
Employee timesheet management software is a given these days. Because organizations are depending more on the data that is submitted by employees for activities done by them and the areas in which they are spending their time. The software helps in categorizing time spent and bucketing time spent activity wise or department wise. This helps organizations to be on top of the time activities, which are done by the project teams.
It benefits organizations in various ways as defined below:
- Organizations can track activities at absolute granular level. i.e. daily basis or in some cases at hourly basis or activity basis.
- Time spent on various categories across organizations help in organizing for future growth
- It helps organizations in setting targets for group heads. Thereby being able to drive initiatives and generate improvement at a macro level
- It also helps in forming vision, mission and goal statement for the organization. This helps in making the vision, mission and goal statement clearly measurable across the organization.
- Transparency is built at all levels, because the Employee timesheet management software enables employees to directly communicate with senior management in numbers and comments both.
It supports employees in various ways as defined below:
- Employees now don’t have to depend on subjective discussions or decisions for their appraisals. They can easily depend on the data that they recorded on a day-to-day basis
- They can communicate directly with their seniors through the system
- It helps employees to focus on directives set by the department and organization as a whole
- There is a sense of belonging and being part of success and targets of the organization that is built in the employees. Because they can now relate to the success that the organization has because they have contributed themselves.
It helps projects in various ways as defined below:
- Any activity which part of the project is not and is being undertaken at the cost of other, can be tracked immediately
- Projects will remain on track, target and focus on completing the project will be prime. Because all the activities that are recorded in the Employee timesheet management software direct towards completion of the objective
- Obviously, the overall probability of project completion increases many folds. Because the project remains on track
- It is also easier to bill clients on projects which are based upon Time and Material basis arrangement. In this case hours are billed to clients and reference to the actual can be done easily because all the activities are record for future reference on a daily basis
- Projects will benefit on an ongoing basis with review committee as well. Because the activities are regularly captured, it is easier to communicate that project is on track and any deviations what so ever can be handled when the project is progressing well
For all of these reasons, the use of employee timesheet management software has become rather popular among many organizations that want to have a better handle on what is going on.