Cloud-Based Project Management Software
Business Continuity is an organization’s ability to maintain its Business-As-Usual activities in case of any disruptions due to natural or unforeseeable disasters. The plan usually covers business processes, assets, human resources, and so on.
A Business Continuity plan is imperative for every organization whenever any unplanned event occurs. It allows an organization to maintain a degree of flexibility in operations no matter what happens, and it affords a degree of adaptability to unexpected changes in the environment. Maintaining business continuity is important for all businesses as it helps the organization maintain its revenue streams and stay afloat even in the face of disaster.
2020 has been a year of calamities. There have been many natural disasters, tragedies, deaths, geopolitical tensions; and the biggest one, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. These calamities have posed as a threat across all levels, right from individuals and small businesses, to MNCs and governments.
The majority of the population is now working remotely, hence traditional business continuity plans might not be applicable in a world where social distancing and work-from-home is the new normal. The current market demands the use of remote Resource Management software.
“How does a cloud-based project management software help me in planning Business Continuity?”
The answer: It guarantees that the Business Continuity Plan is accessible.
Think of a scenario where you have invested huge amounts of man-hours and finances to develop and customize your Business Continuity plan. But even the most well-made plans can go astray if you cannot access it in case of emergencies such as natural disasters, power failure, or other crises.
Storing it in digital (computer) or physical format (printouts) makes little sense because businesses and organizations are now required to close their offices to slow down infection rates. The simplest way to boost accessibility, and hence the effectiveness of your plan is to ensure they are backed up on a Cloud server. Some additional pros of using a cloud-based project management tool are:
- Remote Resource Management– Project Management software that consists of remote resource management helps you get complete visibility regarding each team member’s workload and availability. Remote resource management is focused around remote resource efficiency and optimization. It refers to the overall process of planning, allocating and scheduling all of your resources in a way that increases productivity and employee retention while reducing the risk of project failure due to disengagement. Key benefits:
- Effective Remote Team Management
- Resource Availability Analysis for Flexible Resource Management
- Resource Demand Forecast for Strategic Resources
- Resource Timesheets for Timely Effort Tracking and Client Billing
- Controlled Resource Allocation & Tracking
- Timesheet Management– The key benefit of implementing Timesheet Management Software is the potential to increase productivity and profitability. It allows employees to manually fill timesheets against standard activities or project tasks. It ensures your employees focus on timesheet compliance which leads to more appropriate input of time, reduces time entry errors, resulting in accurate billing and improved revenue recognition. Also, it helps you with estimated vs actual approved hours which will lead to correct invoicing & revenue recognition.
- Skill Metrics & Leave Management – Leave management offers detailed support for multi-countries. It provides automated workflow right from the leave application to the approval of the leave and can be integrated with resource calendar.
- Enterprise Budget Management – Allows the organization to define the budget for different verticals of the organization and then subsequently fund the projects round the year. It also enables revisions and budget control.
- Resilience – The Business Continuity plan is not in any physical location where it is susceptible to damage. As it is also available on cloud servers, it strengthens the resilience of an organization in the face of adversity.
- Collaboration – Using a web-based PM software enables communication across different levels and functions of the organization. It also enables cooperation across geographical boundaries. By using this tool, you can give employees working in decentralized teams and/or remote locations access to view your plans and ensure everyone is on the same page.
TouchBase is a world-class Integrated Project Management Software that helps you ensure Business Continuity with its advanced Resource Management and Timesheet Management module. Resource Management include some very advanced features like Resource Allocation, Forecasting, Resource Pool, manage Human Resources as well as Non Human Resources, Soft / Hard booking of Resources, Release of Resources, Detailed Skills Matrix, Resource Costing to name a few.
While some Timesheet Management features are Swipe in & Swipe out Time capture, Timesheet Approval, Timesheet Reports, advance Multi Country Leave Management, Invoicing etc. With TouchBase, you not only gain complete visibility of your projects but also have a complete control on your all resources along with detailed Timesheet management , Invoicing which will increase both your top-line and bottom-line.