When the correct project management solution is implemented and employees are appropriately trained to use the software, the likelihood that important deadlines are met and budgets are not exceeded greatly increases, potentially leading to a greater return on investment. There are several benefits to deploying project management software:
- All team members can manage their project timelines and calendars within a single computer application.
- Team calendars for shared use, as well as private calendars for individual use, can be created at any time.
- All budgeting information can be maintained within the application.
- Project managers and other employees can easily prioritize tasks, set new tasks, and assign tasks to others.
- Team leaders can provide instant assessments on newly delivered items.
- Employees will have ongoing access to a central database containing all documents regarding the project.
- Members have the ability to create their own personal views to help them manage their tasks and deliverables.
- Team members will have access to a list of tasks that have been assigned to all other members.
- Workers can report their progress and projected progress in a shared view, allowing other team members to easily understand where the project stands in comparison to the project’s baseline.
- Employees can communicate with one another in real-time and leave each other messages.
- All communications can be logged and tracked from within the software.
- The amount of time spent on each task can be easily tracked.
- Reports, such as budget and timeline reports, can be compiled from the data and printed out for presentations or personal records.
Utilizing a dedicated software solution reduces the number of communications that are required to complete a project and increases each member’s accountability for their assigned duties. Team members can also proactively take on new tasks if others are behind on their assigned duties, decreasing lag times and increasing the likelihood that the project will be completed on time and successfully.